Many automotive service outlets have remained open, having been deemed as essential businesses. Many best practice standards have been in place and are being refined for a full return to commerce.
General Recommended Guidelines
- Encourage services by appointment where feasible.
- Limit the number of walk-in customers permitted in the facility based on size and/or local regulations.
- All customers and employees should wear a facemask.
- Post signage at the door stating that any customer who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms should alert the repair shop so that employees are aware.
- All cars should be disinfected inside and out both before the service begins and after the work is completed.
- Offer contactless drop-off and pick up for service.
- Offer contactless service recommendation review as well as payment.