Providing quality services inside and outside consumers’ homes and covering a wide variety of services, there are broad recommendations that will be helpful to the reopening or continued safe operation of residential service brands.
General Recommended Guidelines
- Services should be by appointment only.
- All appointments should be confirmed with a pre-screening call. Screeners should ask about the health of the home/site, anyone showing signs of COVID-19, the use of facemasks for anyone who will be at the home/site.
- Communications should be sent prior to the appointment outlining safety protocols.
- Practice social distancing.
- PPE should be worn by employees and customers.
- Hand sanitizer should be provided for all employees to take to job sites.
- Ask customers to limit their contact with employees while work is being completed.
- Ahead of a visit, customer should be contacted to discuss any new procedure(s), additional precautions and encourage the use of PPE by the customers.
- Employee should discuss all extended safety and cleaning measures with the customer prior to starting any work to ensure a safe environment.
- Employees should clean the work area entirely prior to leaving the site, following cleaning procedures outlined in communications to the customer.
- Where possible, install hand washing/sanitizing stations on employee vehicles.
- Payments should be processed via touchless systems or online.